I used to make fun of those sensitive people that couldn’t eat dessert or bread. Now I’m one of them. Some times my taste buds or my brain- I’m not sure who’s talking or who’s making the decisions with my food choices. Cause sometimes my brain is saying, I’m not going to eat any more of these buckwheat sourdough flat breads and I find my self back in the container stuffing my mouth full of them and even hiding them from people.
The path of healing with food. It’s been on my path for a long time. Passion of Food started when I was a latch key kid. I would walk to the local Chinese market for food for my folks at age 7. It could have been older. My memory is strange and it’s all stories anyways.
As my senses grow more aware, I’m aware that coffee brings on depression. Sugar, anxiety and sadness, gluten- addiction. Unless I’m on some program, cleanse or something. I forget what these foods do to me. My asthma was the best when I was off sugar, coffee, gluten and dairy. I was losing weight on raw. As the last couple of weeks eating what I wanted- which still did not include gluten or cow dairy, I felt the weight come on and the depression come with it. When I was all raw my poops were amazing! Monumental! Grand! The Best Poops Ever! On a regular diet a poop but where as if its not all coming out. And it’s staying in my belly being turned into fat. Now most people wouldn’t consider me fat. I’m fit strong. I swim in the bay. I commute on my bike. Dance and teach yoga and I train as a trapeze artist. But being at the circus does give one a complex. Does test your mental ability as much as your physical. School full of sculpted bodies that your see in the Olympics doing just as amazing things. Its easy to feel fat if you have a smidge of a love handle.
journey on! Everyone!
I know I'm on my path and I know it all perfect. But How many times do I need to learn the coffee lesson or the sugar lesson? Relearning to love myself.
Healing happening.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are an inspiration. Knowing there are others out there just like me, who know what our bodies want, but have this human condition where we fall back into habits or cave to temptation of sweets or coffee, or whatever doesn't make us feel our best. It's comforting and also inspiring. To hear you do it, fall a little, but get back up and do it again. That's how I roll too. You rock.
ReplyDeleteDiane :)
http://balancedbites.blogspot.com