Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Doctors Visit Causes Inspiration

Here I am. Over six months from March when I started this Metabolism Boosting Cleanse.
Also many grammar girl pod casts to help my writing. Life is a little different. I still struggle with food, even with have a pretty healthy diet. I still judge myself for my eating habits. I know I'm not fat but I want to feel leaner. I went to the doctors today for a follow up visit for some tests I took back in February 2009. I was avoiding going back because my insurance doesn't cover this kinds of visits. I'm not sure what it does cover. The doctors office said that if I didn't come in then they would not refill my asthma meditation. I've been on asthma medicines since I was five when I was first taken into the emergency room for asthma. Now that I'm thinking about it, I want to ask my mom to tell me her version of that story because I'd like to hear more details. Anyways, I've been on steroids, allergy shots, allergy meds and some form of inhaler or medicine for most of my life for asthma and allergies. I'm down to one medication: albuterol. The Dr. Gross asked "How often do you take your inhaler?" "Almost everyday" I said "But sometimes every other day". Knowing that I'm not supposed to take it that frequently. The doctor said "It's bad for you and your heart, it's not meant to be for that kind of intake". We did some pulmonary test back in February 2009 and we were looking at the results. They were mostly great, except for that the transfer of oxygen to my blood was less then optimal, such as a smokers lungs. She asked me if I smoked and I said no. Which was a lie but I don't want that on my record or my insurance. Plus I had been a month without smoking any tobacco. But I had a life time of smoking pot and more often then not cigarettes. I have been putting a lot of attention to healing my lungs for the last 7 years. I've seen herbalist, been getting acupuncture for years and most recently seeing a naturalpathic, doing cleanses, taking herbs and supplements. I got inspired. I have a goal. I have a track-able goal. Get off my meds.

Now remember, getting inspired in the easy part.
I'm inspired to not smoke anything any more. Its not good for me. I've been off of tobacco for a month now, that is one of the hard parts. Another part is getting leaner and cleaning up my diet more. My biggest challenge is not to eat late. I need to figure out some way that I'm set up for not eating too late. Like having some portion of a protein shake.

I'm inspired to write.
I'm inspired to inspire others and get information out there that can heal others.

Thanks for all the opportunity to learn and grow.
To Health! Salud!स्वास्थ्य!בריאות

1 comment:

  1. We all have our struggles! I love how candid you are about yours-- we are all just human and working on the things we know we don't have balanced in our lives.

    Have you eliminated all possibilities of food allergies in your diet to help you get off the meds?

    Thanks for sharing this. Keep up the good work!

    Hugs!
    Diane :)

    ReplyDelete