There are some rules that you must follow.
· No Dairy. Hints of Goat cheese is ok.
· No Gluten- that means, no wheat, oats, rye, barley- What you can do is brown rice, quinoa, millet, amaranth, corn, or teff
· No fried foods- this one is tuff on me for sure. I love corn chips and love to fry my tortilla. So I will be making some healthy satisfying substitution. Toast tortillas, jicama –to satisfy my crunch, fall in love with celery,
· Exercise a little before each meal. 20 mins of any combination of jump rope, run in place or abs or pushups or whatever you love. I’m biking, in the morning and for lunch and after work. Lite activity after meals to ad digestion. Playing with kids, Some conscious breathing, walk around the block.
· Have healthy meals- Lots of Salad! Kale Rocks! Lean meats, and eggs ok but small portions. Eat Organic, Seaweed, e3live- Anything green-nettles. Steamed or raw greens. Visit your local farmers markets the mixed greens the farmer have are off the hook. No cooked oils- raw flax. Have your heavy meal be lunch. Sauerkraut, kim chee is awesome and pro-biobotic and will help you absorb more nutrients. Café Gratitude food is awesome, avoid sweet stuff there. Eat to 80% full.
· Have healthy snacks throughout the day- like celery, carrots, kale chips, flax chips, cucumber!
· No sugar, even fruit. The only fruit you can have is grapefruit, berries ok and lemon is awesome in water. No Agave, No dates, No Honey. Watch out for sweeten soymilk, other beverages, catsup. My sweet cheat is Kombucha. Also Gratitude has low glycemic dessert options that are a nice treat, once or twice a week- Supers and Ginger Mighty.
I get to say no to the little sweet offering throughout the day. I am not deprived. I am choosing to feel good in my body. (So you know will have to do some product testing for work of items that contain agave and dates. I promise I will only taste a bite and have others taste for me as well.)
· No Coffee- GREEN TEA—YES. Green tea is awesome for speeding up the metabolism. (I’m going to miss coffee but I’ve done it before.)
· No eating past 6pm.
If you feel hungry late then you can have a serving protein shake that does not have any sugar. There are some hemp and vitamin shakes that are awesome. (This is a big deal you’ll notice a difference right away). Vega is a good brand I like the taste of their stuff.
OR
8 oz serving of warm unsweetened rice or almond milk with Ashwaganda with cinnamon
Ashwaganda is an adapagen. Which will replenish your adrenals, which get tapped when your are stressed or lead a busy life or city life in general. Is good for immunity and has supported me big time through my divorce.
Drink water and tea. Also recommend Tusli tea, ginger, and anything for detox or your liver- dandelion root.
- Fast from the booze and the Santa Maria. – You can smoke as much cigarette as we know that will help you lose weight- just kidding no smokes of any kind.
I’m powerfully choosing this for a month.
This might be kind of extreme. I started this two days ago and got clearer writing this. I feel better already. Last week, I was eating a bagel and eating more sweets, maybe because I knew I was going on a cleanse. I was experiencing depression, doubt, and more comparison than I have in a while. Most of the time I eat close to this. My down fall is eating late at night and eating some items that I have no ability to stop, like chips. I will discover hunger and not run away from it. I honestly not felt hungry for months. Listen to your body, if you need a snack. Protein is the most sasating.
Sleep is important and getting rest is important part of metabolism.
Drink tons of water. Lemon water if you can. Drink tons of green tea. Preference- jasmine pearls and keep pouring hot water over the same tea leaves all day. They will continue to release anti-carcinogenetic affects.
Plan 3 or more work out times for yourself of 45mins to 1.5 - I know I’m asking a lot of your schedule and your life. Take it day by day. I know this will work. Do yoga, walk up a hill, go swimming. I view it a huge priority for me to do what I want in my life. It’s like therapy for me.
Some recipe ideas:
Morning
Hemp Blueberry Smoothie
¼ cup of hemp seed
1 cup of filtered water
3/4 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
Pinch of nutmeg and salt
Squirt of vanilla
1-2 tsp of maca
Seaweed salad with tahini dressing
(Seaweed is awesome for protein and pulling heavy metals out of the body and high in minerals.)
Basic tahini dressing
1-2 whole Grapefruit juiced
1 Lime or lemon
Chili powder
Cilantro
Salt to taste
Optional: scallions
Shopping list:
I’ll work on this.
I’m going to have breakfast!
Coconut Water
Avocado
Sprouts
Grapefruit
Wow Treasure, this looks intense. I have to say my regular diet is wheat/dairy and soy-free for the most part. Rarely eat anything fried or processed. I think this cleanse would be hardest for me on the no-fruit front. I think fruit is my saving grace for not caving to processed sugar all the time. One thing that may be good to follow after the cleanse is never eating just carbs alone. Part of why (and I know you know this) the fruit sugar can have such an impact on our blood sugar level is the qty of pure carbs hitting our blood stream. Slowing it by eating with some nuts is a good idea :)
ReplyDeleteYou're an inspiration- keep rocking it. You'll do great!!!